Peace Corps Kyrgyzstan

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Kyrgyzstan Update: Arslanbob & American Nationalism

Just a quick note. I am back from the bob. Arslanbob was fantastic. I travelled there with Greg Human and Brian Kiger last weekend. Waterfalls, wild turkeys, rivers, mountains, villages, crazy taxi drivers and frisbee. I hope to post some photos later this week. Speaking of Greg--I just wanted to send a shout out to the Humans (thanks for reading).

Busy days ahead at the American Center. Next discussion club is on American Nationalism--the students choose the topic each week. There is a decent article at the Foreign Policy website that I asked the students to read in preparation for our discussion. Last week's discussion on American Foreign policy really impressed me. I was simply a facilitator; ensuring that everyone got a chance to speak and keeping them focused on the topic. A poli-sci professor from Cleveland University popped in about half-way through and I think he was as impressed as me with the level of sophistication that these students were speaking at (in english mind you).

Well, that's the brief update. Hope to put a less rushed post together soon.

Larry Tweed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home